If you haven’t noticed, the flu is being passed around faster than…I don’t know something that gets passed quickly?—A hot potato! In fact, it’s now at levels that are so high that it is considered an epidemic. So if you get sick follow these guidelines.
- Stay Home. If you have symptoms of fever, nausea, vomiting, coughing, congestion, stay home! Not only because you’ll be keeping your germs out of the workplace, but you’ll also be less productive than you’d be if you were feeling 100%.
- Know How Long You’ll Be Contagious For. If you feel like you’re ready to come back to work because you’re feeling better, you may still be contagious so keep these guidelines in mind for coming back to work:
- Stay home for 24 hours after your last episode of vomiting.
- Stay home for 24 hours after the last elevated temperature.
- Stay home for 24 hours after the last dose of anti-fever medication AND normal temperature for that 24-hour period.
- Stay home for 24 hours after antibiotics are begun for strep infections.