So it is not surprising that a few months ago Donald Trump announced that he would be running for president. And it is even less surprising that this week he reneged. While he has experience heading corporations that are floundering financially, Trump is instead committing his time to another season of Celebrity Apprentice, where instead of offering a job to a real person, he offers several opportunities to celebrities, lets the cameras roll and captures the crazy (only positive about this experience—money is donated to charity).
It is being reported that there is a documentary in the works that portrays Trump as a bully and this film apparently pushed “The Donald” to take his name out of the running. As Trump is backing out as a possible presidential candidate, he inspired us this week to have some fun and to put together a list of the “Five Craziest Reasons to NOT Apply to a Job” (in no particular order they are as follows).
- Documentary Film Portrays You in Bad Light.
- The world is supposedly ending on Saturday so why bother finding a new job?
- I used all of my personal days to watch the Royal Wedding and now I don’t have time to go an interview.
- I’m too lazy to update my resume and I no longer have Oprah to encourage me to do more with my life.
- I’m staying at my current job for spite as my boss “The Terminator” fathered my baby.
While this list demonstrates there’s a lot of craziness going on in the world, it’s never not a good time to better your career and apply to your dream job. While we may see reasons such as relocation, salary, and benefits as factors that may hold us back when considering if we should throw your hat into the ring—just remember that there could be crazier things preventing you from clicking apply.
Special thanks to our intern, Brittany Gavin for researching for this post.